Thursday, July 21, 2011

Referencing AgilePoint Web Service

I was asked this question:

I am trying to reference the Ascentn Web Service per the documentation:

http://myserver:9000/AgilePointServer/Workflow.asmx?WSDL

I first referenced the web service as a "Web Reference", according to the instructions here:

http://crm.davidyack.com/journal/2007/10/21/referencing-web-services-with-visual-studio-2008.html

But, when I compile the proxy, I get all sorts of "duplicate definition" errors. For example:

"The namespace Workflow.Workflow already contains a definition for category".

I then referenced the web service as a "Service Reference", the Visual Studio 2008 default. However, I still get similar errors when compiling the proxy.

Suggestions?

By default, the option of Web Reference is not displayed in the Solution Explorer. As mentioned in the link, right click “Service Reference”, then choose “Add Service Reference ..”, do not enter the WSDL URL in the “Add Service Reference” windows, but instead, click on the “Advance” button at the bottom of the windows. Then, click on “Add Web Reference” on the next screen. After that, just enter the AgilePoint web service URL, click “Go” then add the web reference.

clip_image002

clip_image004

clip_image006

No comments:

Post a Comment